Articles, Scientific Research
Follow us on twitter for the latest breaking news – click here !
- Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys leading Bee Research Firm, by Anthony Gucciardi, Nation of Change, 4/19/12
- Honeybee Deaths Linked to Corn Insecticides, by Alexandra Ludka, ABC News, 3/15/12.
Corn Insecticide Linked to Great Die-Off of Beneficial Honeybees, Science Daily, 3/14/12.
- The Ultimate American Kitchen Garden, by Kate Karam, Country Living Magazine, April 2012. 11 of the nation’s best chef’s suggest 100 of their favorite varieties of heirloom vegetables. Actual garden of these plants then created at University of Kentucky.
- The Pink Slime in Your Kids School Lunch, by Tom Philpott, Mother Jones, 3/7/12
- Arlington Heights Regulates Composting in Village by Michelle Stoffel, Trib Local, 2/21/12
- Local Produce-Restaurants Take Fresh Look Near Their Own Backyards by Emily Bryson York, Chicago Tribune, 2/12/12
- Start-Ups Look for a Shortcut From Farm to Table by Jessica E. Vascellaro, Wall Street Journal, 1/26/12
- Bike-a-Bee Hopes To Take Urban Agriculture In Chicago To The Next Level (VIDEO) by Joseph Erbentraut, Huffington Post, 1/13/12
- Foodie Inc by Bruce Schoenfeld, Entrepreneur, October 2011 and same article online at How the Farm-to-Table Movement Is Helping Grow the Economy, Entrepreneur (online), September 21, 2011.
- Jonathan Stich, Restaurant Delivery Farmer: A Week In The Life (Food Informants), Huffington Post, 9/8/11
- Raw Power by Mike Sula, Chicago Reader, 6/2/11
- You want Chicken Poop with that Steak? Why FDA Should Ban Feces From Food by David Kirby, Huffington Post, 4/9/10
- Stop Hunger in America, In Your Backyard , by Emily Main, Rodale Press, 4/26/12
- Our Favorite Heirloom Seed Companies, by Robyn Griggs Lawrence, Mother Earth News, 2/16/11.
- A Place for Old Chickens, Outside the Pot, by Lee Van Der Voo, New York Times, 4/25/12
- French village Pince to hand out chickens to cut waste, BBC News Europe, 3/28/12.
- Arlington Heights Rejects Backyard Chicken Coops by Michelle Stoffel, Trib Local, 2/22/12
- A Part Time Gig Hatched By Bridget Doyle, Chicago Tribune, 2/19/12
- Easy to Count Evanton’s Chickens: Only 8 Permits by Jonathan Bullington, Chicago Tribune, 1/18/12
- Is That a Chicken in Your Yard? by Jordan Laio, Chicago Tribune, 1/13/12
- Belgium offers chickens to waste-cutting households, BBC News Europe, 2/26/10
Scientific Research on Genetically Engineered Foods, Organic Foods
- See the website of Professor Phil Howard at Michigan State University – Organic Food Charts.
- Download this paper to learn more about the Genetically Modified Food Facts & Hazards.This presents the key scientific evidence – 114 research studies and other authoritative papers –documenting the limitations and risks of GM crops and the many safer, more effective alternatives available today.
- Read Article: Monsanto’s GMO Corn Linked to Organ Failure
- Read the Study from the International Journal of Biological Sciences on the effects of GM corn on mammals (2009).
- Read the Study from The journal of Reproductive Toxicology that found Bt Toxins in the blood of 80% of unborn babies (2011).
- Read the Study from the Journal of Applied Toxicology showing that Bt corn is toxic to human cells.
- Read the Study from The Entomological Society of America that found Bt Toxin transmission to a higher trophic level via a nontarget pest insect (2006).
- Read this Study from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences showing toxins from Bt Corn appearing in waterways (2010).