- The Harvest Garden program gives children age 8-12, a three season in-depth experience with organic vegetable gardening.
Learning with Your Taste Buds:
- Green City Market Club Sprouts. Green City Market. Tastings and Prizes, Demonstrations and Cooking Classes for kids, focusing on sustainably grown local foods.
- Green City Market and Edible Garden Field Trips. Field Trips include a hands-on gardening activity in The Edible Gardens, a Tasting Table with Market products, and a guided Tour of theMarket. Hands-on activities in The Edible Gardens can include direct seeding, thinning seedlings, transplanting, weeding, pruning/staking, tasting, harvesting, and composting. Wednesdays.
The below listed Companies work with local area farmers whenever possible, bringing fresh, locally grown and sustainable foods to their menus.
- Gourmet Gorilla, Kid’s school lunch catering, 877-219-3663.
- Purple Asparagus, a non-profit organization that educates children, families and the community about eating in ways that are good for the planet. From one school program in 2005, they now teach thousands of Chicago school children in nearly 27 Chicago Public Schools about the joys of eating fresh fruits and vegetables.