Hot Topics in the News
- City to open 5 new farmers markets to help transform food deserts, by Lolly Bowean, Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2012
NATIONAL OR GLOBAL:
- Letter Shows Monsanto Planted GMOs Before USDA Approval, by Anthony Gucciardi and Cassandra Anderson, Nation of Change, Nation Society / News Analysis, 5/2/12
- 9 Farmer’s Market Favorites Under Attack: New GMOs threaten tomatoes and other garden and farmer’s market staples, by Leah Zerbe, Rodale Press, 4/26/12
- 10 Suspect Causes of Autism & Learning Disabilities, by Leah Zerbe, Rodale Press, 4/26/12
- Pesticides & Parkinson’s—Connection Clearer than Ever, by Margaret Reeves, EcoWatch, 4/20/12
- Mad Cow Disease Found in California: USDA Says No Human Threat, by Roberta Rampton, 4/24/12
- Replacing Mother: Infant Formula Report – DHA/ARA, by Charlotte Valleays, Cornucopia Institute, 4/15/12
- Where No City Has Gone Before: San Francisco Will Be World’s First Zero-Waste Town by 2020, by Sven Eberlein, Alternet, 4/18/12
- Burger King To Eliminate Gestation Crates, Chicken Cages By 2017 , by Tracie Cone, Huffington Post, 4/25/12
- Dow Corn, Resistant to a Weed Killer, Runs Into Opposition, by Andrew Pollack, The New York Times, 4/25/12
- FOCUS: Is Vermont’s Governor Surrendering to Monsanto? by Will Allen, RSN, 4/20/12
- Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys leading Bee Research Firm, by Anthony Gucciardi, Nation of Change, 4/19/12
- The Folly of Big Agriculture: Why Nature Always Wins , by Verlyn Klinkenborg, Yale, Environment 360 Publication, 4/9/12
- Three Dirty Chicken Facts Exposed, by Leah Zerbe, Rodale.com, 4/12/12
- Millions Against Monsanto: The Food Fight of Our Lives, by Ronnie Cummins, Alternet, RSN, 4/12/12
- French village Pince to hand out chickens to cut waste, BBC News Europe, 3/28/12.
- Can Reforming the Farm Bill Help Change U.S. Agriculture?, by Jim Robbins, Yale, Environment 360 Publication, 3/22/12
- Honeybee Deaths Linked to Corn Insecticides, by Alexandra Ludka, ABC News, 3/15/12.
Corn Insecticide Linked to Great Die-Off of Beneficial Honeybees, Science Daily, 3/14/12.
- California’s ballot initiative to have GMOs labelled in food
- The Pink Slime in Your Kids School Lunch, by Tom Philpott, Mother Jones, 3/7/12
- Long Overdue Plant Hardiness Map is a Hothouse, by Julia Whitty, Mother Jones, 1/26/12
- Monsanto’s GMO Corn Linked to Organ Failure, Study Reveals, by Katherine Goldstein/Gazelle Enami, Huffington Post, 3/18/10 and updated 5/25/11.