- Advocates for Urban Agriculture, a coalition of organizations and individuals interested in learning about, networking and advocating for urban agriculture in the Chicago area.
- Angelic Organics Learning Center, hands on learning at Angelic Organic Farm helping urban and rural people build local food systems.
- Central Illinois Sustainable Farmers Network
- Chef’s Collaborative
- Chicago Food Policy Council
- Chicago Honey Co-op
- Chicago Rarities Orchard Project (CROP)
- Dawes Edible Schoolyard
- Experimental Station
- FamilyFarmed.org – This not for profit group organizes the annual FamilyFarmed EXPO at Navy Pier.
- Garfield Farm Museum
- Geneva Green Market NFP
- Growing Home
- Growing Power Chicago
- Jane Addams Hull House– Rethinking Soup
- Purple Asparagus
- Seven Generations Ahead
- Slow Food Chicago
- The City Farm
- The Conservation Foundation
- The Land Connection
- The Local Beet
- The Talking Farm
- The Urban Canopy
- Urban Habitat
- Urbanhomestead.org – Since 1985. A city home/farm in Pasadena, California that produces over 6000 lbs. of organic food annually on 1/10 acre.
- Chickens in the Yard (CITY), Salemchickens.com – Organization that helps to promote the legalization of backyard chicken-keeping in cities around the country.
- CenterFor Food Safety – These are the folks who have been on the front lines with legislation.
- Cornucopia Institute – Promoting Economic Justice for Family Scale Farming
- True Food Network – The Center for Food Safety’s grassroots action network. Sign up for free updates and alerts on simple things one can do to demand true food
- GMwatch – News from around the world
- Institute For Responsible Technology – Acomprehensive site on the science and health risks.
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition – is an alliance of grassroots organizations that advocates for federal policy reform to advance the sustainability of agriculture, food systems, natural resources, and rural communities.
- Naturally Grown.org – Certified Naturally Grown. The Grassroots Alternative to Certified Organic.
- Organic Consumers Association – Committed to getting foods labeled, good resource for action.
- Seeds Of Deception – Jeffrey Smith’s educational resource site.
- Ample Harvest.org – Helping end hunger by connecting gardeners with food pantries.
**Also see INFO link at right menu**